certificate expiring email

If you have any other good suggestion, you can submit it to us anytime. We will improve according to your suggestion.
mike@thosehallidays.org

certificate expiring email

Postby mike@thosehallidays.org » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:53 pm

The Certificate Expiring email I received contained the words "The Class 1, client certificate for StartCom Free Certificate Member and serial number EFE20 is about to expire in about one month. Please log into the StartSSL Control Panel at https://startssl.com/Certificates and get a new certificate for this purpose."

My email client (Mozilla Thunderbird) did not convert that URL into a link, so I had to copy/paste it into a browser. Since the email was sent text/html, it would have been trivial to send it as a link - thereby demonstrating enthusiasm for customer support.

The only reference to the expiring certificate on the email is a Serial Number. How should we determine which certificate is expiring? Are my certificates displayed by Serial Number? No.

After logging in, I was presented with an error message saying there were "No Validated Domains" How can this be? I've just been told that I have a certificate expiring (not expired). I have to dig further to discover that I need to re-validate the domain for which I have a current certificate. Why would a validated domain expire before its certificate?

So, doing what I'm told, I go to Domain Validation. There it wants to know which domain I want to validate. But I have not been told this yet. It's a mystery. More digging. But wait! If I maximize my browser, I now see a domain with a warning sign on the far right of the window.

Please don't assume everyone runs with maximized browsers. We need a clue that important content might be hidden because of the dimensions of our browsing device.

christian.grunfeld@fisica.unlp.edu.ar

Re: certificate expiring email

Postby christian.grunfeld@fisica.unlp.edu.ar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:10 pm

The Certificate Expiring email I received contained the words "The Class 1, client certificate for StartCom Free Certificate Member and serial number .... is about to expire..." came after the expiration time !!

Could you send notifications at least a day before?

Return to “Your Suggestion”